Saturday, March 24, 2012

Great New Treasures at Paint Pan Patty's

I haven't had a chance to do much treasure hunting lately, but what I have found has been really great and I thought I'd share with you.

Vintage wicker settee
Couldn't help myself when I saw this wicker piece up which I picked up  for an excellent price at a local thrift shop   All it needed was a little cleanup with some Clorox spray and it's ready to go.....STRONG with no broken pieces.  Can't you just imagine it with cushions made out of some groovy vintage fabric!!

Lovely little salt & pepper shakers
How cute are these??!!  Found them hiding out in a box at my parents' flea market.  As I unwrapped them, it was one of those moments where an honest-to-goodness treasure hunter will actually hyperventilate with the anticipation of what the unwrapping will reveal!  Come on now.........YOU know who you are!!

Vintage wood crate with great label
This wooden crate was holding a bunch of small tools under a pile of rusty stuff & plenty of dust.  I just love this little guy!

Vintage enamelware
I have to confess that I have a REAL weakness for vintage enamelware.  Makes my heart skip a beat whenever I run across it, and these three pieces were no exception.  Sometimes it's really hard to contain myself if I'm in a shop and I find great pieces like these.  My first thought is always, "OMG!!  How could anyone ever get rid of something like that??"  Of course, that's how I feel about almost all of the treasures I find!  : )

Do any of you out there see anything here that you're interested in??  Wondering when it's going to show up in the shop for sale??  You know, sometimes the treasures we find are so totally awesome, like the wicker settee, or just so darn cute, like the salt & pepper shakers, they never make it to the shop.  Just can't part with them!  

Or sometimes, they actually do make it to the shop, and they actually do get priced and put out for sale.  But then, either Patty or I will spot it, and here we go again playing our favorite game "Give Me Some Credit".  Yep, I walked into our Kitchen last Saturday and saw the dark green enamelware piece in the picture above and immediately started to SQUEAL!!  True, I'm sorry to say, because I am definitely not a squealy kind of girl.  Needless to say, Patty happily added the price of that lovely piece to the list of lovely little pieces that I already owe her for, and off it went to my house at Yellow Creek Farm!

No comments: